Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Elmo Obsession

I am convinced that Sesame Street must be able to brainwash small children. How else can you explain the overall appeal of Elmo? It seems like every kid goes through an Elmo stage at some point. Right now Jack is really into Elmo. If he sees anything with Elmo on it he gets excited. At Walmart the other day he got excited over a little girls swimsuit (no, he's not a cross dresser) that had Elmo plastered across the front. He thought it was hilarious. Only Elmo has the power to make swim wear funny.

5 comments:

Candy said...

Elmo is evil... just be glad it's not the Wiggles.. yikes... or worst... Lazy Town...

CRRE said...

My younger daughter is going through the Elmo thing as I type. I thought perhaps I could skip it, since I already paid my dues to the Great Gods of Sesame with my first girl. Apparently, they take a rather Microsoftish approach to this kind of thing.

So the two-year-old here is obsessed with a nappy little red guy who talks like the survivor of child abuse. That third-person stuff just grates on me.

My third child is going to be put into a box and raised with books instead of TV and character toys. I am not going through this a third time.

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»